Sunday, September 2, 2012

An End to the Long Lasting Wait

When I sit down today to compose my first blog I am Overwhelmed with happiness not because I am writing my first blog but because in less than a days time I am going to enter into the most hyped world on this planet earth, yes it's called the corporate world.  Born into a typical orthodox family were most of us are first generation graduates, well it has become cliche to pursue engineering. Like every other Indian parent's who want their child to work for MN C's and TATA's my parent's too had the same dreams and thus i landed up into an Engineering college. Now after four years I step out into this world as an Electronics Engineer. My hard work has fetched a place into one of the top notch corporate companies. Well having said much about who I am and what society wants out of me, my brain is now confused with plethora of thoughts about who I am and what I am heading toward in this journey of life. When such random thoughts about life storms my brain, my dad rushes in with the new watch advertisement and wants me to get the latest trendy watches before I venture into work, on the other side my mom is busy filling my closet with brand new dresses. Everyone from grannies to uncles and aunts get me their share of gifts. Friends relentlessly asking for treats, siblings asking me for a new pair of converse or for the latest gadgets in the market.
With so many dreams and ambitions in mind lying dormant or rather never tried to realize them just to make people around us happy and proud and just to fulfill everybody's promise. Like any other Indian I am going to enter the corporate world.Well after all this I still feel I have achieved something, HAPPINESS, in living a life for others for after all they are the people who care for you and live for you, so what is wrong in living for them.... well when i write these last sentences I am reminded of these words
   "You can only live your life once, if you do it right, live for the right people then once is enough"-paulo coelho

1 comment:

More thoughts on my learning

The biggest takeaway for me on NLP was think in the Desired state, Can we think only about what we want all the time, yes we do have the pow...